Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Two Cats of Qalquilya-nny

Re: Jerusalem Post Article - 'Hamas torturing Fatah members in Gaza'

Now, I have a time-tested policy of not believing everything I read in the Jerusalem Post, especially if I do not see it corroborated anywhere else. Yet, this item is regrettably all too believable.

This item reminds me of a popular nursery rhyme that many of us heard when we were kids called There Once Were Two Cats of Kilkenny.

I am reprinting the nursery rhyme with but one oh-so-slight modification:


There Once Were Two Cats of Qalqilya-nny

There once were two cats of Qalqilya-nny,
Each thought there was one cat too many,
So they fought and they fit,
And they scratched and they bit,
Till, excepting their nails
And the tips of their tails,
Instead of two cats, there weren't any.

All too believable.

No comments:

Printfriendly

Print Friendly and PDF

Translate